Advantages of MammoSite
- Treatment with MammoSite 5-Day Targeted Radiation Therapy can help you get back to your normal life sooner – just 5 days vs. 5-7 weeks.
- MammoSite places the radiation source inside the lumpectomy cavity (the space left when a tumor is removed). This delivers radiation to the area where cancer is most likely to recur.3
- Clinical trials for the MammoSite Radiation Therapy System have shown it to be well tolerated, with mild side effects for a short period of time.5
- The therapy is given on an outpatient basis. No hospital stay is required.
- 5-year Initial Clinical Trial Results (N=43):6
- No local recurrences
- 83.3% of the patients had good/excellent cosmetic results
- 100% of patients in the initial clinical trial would recommend MammoSite to a friend or family member.
- 100% of patients in the initial clinical trial would use MammoSite again if they had to do it over.
MammoSite vs. External Beam Radiation
Dr. Louis Munoz, radiation oncologist, describes the difference between conventional radiation and MammoSite 5-Day treatment
Completing radiation treatment
Evolution of radiation treatment